[ US /ənˈduɪŋ/ ]
[ UK /ʌndˈuːɪŋ/ ]
[ UK /ʌndˈuːɪŋ/ ]
loosening the ties that fasten something
the tying of bow ties is an art; the untying is easy
- an act that makes a previous act of no effect (as if not done)
How To Use undoing In A Sentence
- The council said that cuts to national park budgets risked undoing that work. Times, Sunday Times
- And then there was Munster's inability to cope with the dinks and kicks through by Duncan McRae and Henry Paul which eventually proved their undoing.
- Unfortunately, the group's dalliance with satanism proved to be their undoing, the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
- He is capable of taking over this game, and if he does, Illinois' primary weakness will be its undoing.
- Alas, the thickening undergrowth has also proven the undoing of one of the less bright avian ground feeders.
- SAMSON AND DELILAH 1949 Lamarr ' s last really great film, made in glorious Technicolor, gave her the role she was born to play: Delilah, the Bible temptress who is the undoing of Samson. Her Face Was Her Misfortune
- But there was always Leam in the background with whom he had to reckon -- Leam, who wandered through the house in her straight-cut, plain black gown, made in the deepest fashion of mourning devisable, pale, silent, feverish, like an avenging spirit on his track; undoing what he had done if he had profaned an embodied memory of her mother, and as impervious to his anger as he was to her despair. Lippincott's Magazine of Popular Literature and Science Volume 17, No. 097, January, 1876
- There is no doubt that Hammarskj6ld's northern sense of propriety was deeply shaken by the roughness of the outburst, and ironically, since the Russian code of what is socially permissible comes largely across the Baltic from Sweden, it was precisely this rowdy behavior of Khrushchev's, dubbed Ne-Kulturny (uncultured), which eventually proved his undoing at home. An Autobiography
- The happenstance of the love for the tree house, ostensibly built for the children, might well have been your undoing.
- Sweeney's conversion edged the Dragons a point in front but just as quickly, a stupidly errant hand in the scrum proved their undoing.