a testis that fails to move into the scrotum as the male fetus develops
undescended testicles have an increased risk for cancer
How To Use undescended testicle In A Sentence
- The inguinal orchiopexy is a well-established operation for the palpable undescended testicle.
- After your son receives general anesthesia, the surgeon will make an incision in his groin area, and locate the undescended testicle, which is usually in the inguinal canal above the scrotum. Pediatric surgery: Undescended Testicles
- When I was 10 years old I had an operation to correct an undescended testicle.
- Because surgery to repair a hernia and the procedure to correct the congenital malformation known as undescended testicles are both done very close to the spermatic cord, the blood supply to the testicles can be endangered during these operations. Getting Pregnant
- undescended testicles have an increased risk for cancer
- Endocrine disruptors have been implicated in birth defects of the male reproductive system, such as undescended testicles and a penile deformity called hypospadias. Ronnie Cummins: Top 10 Reasons to Use Organic Cosmetics
- Baby boys are more likely to have changes in their genitals -- such as undescended testicles and smaller penises -- if their mothers were exposed to high levels of a controversial chemical during pregnancy, a new study shows. Organic Consumers Association News Headlines
- Cryptorchidism, or undescended testicle, is usually diagnosed during the newborn examination.
- And a 2008 study found that baby boys are more likely to have genital changes, such as undescended testicles and smaller penises, if they were exposed before birth to high levels of phthalates, hormone-disrupting chemicals found in medical tubing, vinyl and other products. WBIR.com - News
- The main risk factor appears to be having had an undescended testicle, where the testicle fails to reach its proper position within the scrotum naturally.