[ US /ˈəndɝˌwʊd/ ]
[ UK /ˌʌndəwˈʊd/ ]
[ UK /ˌʌndəwˈʊd/ ]
- the brush (small trees and bushes and ferns etc.) growing beneath taller trees in a wood or forest
How To Use underwood In A Sentence
- Landfill ill say it again, carrie underwood is so hot. Jesse Dylan’s Nintendo DS Commercials | /Film
- omg carrie underwood is playing it, I GOTSTA HAVE IT" am i alone here or do others feel this way!!? Jesse Dylan’s Nintendo DS Commercials | /Film
- It is this kind of underwood which is called mâquis. Mateo Falcone
- I, too, felt as if I was peering into a coppice - a wood or thicket characterized by a dense, often tangled, underwood of stump shoots and suckers encouraged into being by the periodic cutting down of trees.
- Madame Arnoux, Rosanette, and Frederick Moreau, the Orleanist carnival, and the "underwood" of Fontainebleau. Madame Bovary A Tale of Provincial Life
- The foster mom says, "At night she sleeps in her bed at the foot of our bed, but sometimes likes to sneak a snuggle or two right before my husband and I go to bed." firstname.lastname@example.org. ReadLarryPowell.com
- Although there's no firm replacement for "Lost" or "24" this fall, no one is working harder to lure fans of both than NBC's "The Event," which has a minority POTUS, a la "24" (Blair Underwood), with a doomed airliner (with oddly Oceanic markings) that's about to dive-bomb on his Florida retreat. As the network onslaught begins, what if the TV critic picked out shows just for you?
- I said this to Tananarive last night when she inquired why I'm not more excited by the possibility of Blair Underwood filming promotional scenes for "From Capetown With Love. Archive 2010-04-01
- Consulting those documents, typed on old Royals and Underwoods, sometimes existing only as "carbons," feels like traveling back to the age of three-martini lunches.) What made this newsworthy was that Wylie and Amazon. com had annouced with much fanfare that the agent was starting his own publishing house that would partner exclusively with Amazon to sell the work of some 20 authors. Peter Ginna: Andrew Wylie vs Random House: The Thrilla in Manila (Folders)
- Personally, I think my family will start following Carrie Underwood and Ericka from the Nashville show. Breaking Up Is Not BreakingAway: The Pseudo-Empowerment of Kelly Clarkson | PopPolitics.com