a part lying on the lower side or underneath an animal's body
a woodland mouse with white underparts
the warbler has a white throat and underparts
How To Use underpart In A Sentence
- Killdeers have brown upperparts, white underparts, and orange rumps.
- Males are mostly red with gray underparts, black wings, and two white wing-bars.
- As well as the characteristic white ring around the eye, they usually have green plumage with white, yellow or greyish underparts.
- This quail has scaled underparts and brown sides.
- For instance, song sparrows here in Bel Air have highly visible, dark streaking on the white underparts and long, white streaks on the sides of the crown and chin.
- Steller's Jay has rich blue underparts that shade upwards from midnight to pure black, terminating with a jaunty crest.
- They are glossy black except for white markings on their face and underparts, with a tufted tail and slight mane.
- Furthermore, in all animals the upper and front parts are better, stronger, and more thoroughly equipped in the male than in the female, whereas in the female those parts are the better that may be termed hinder-parts or underparts. The History of Animals
- The Western Scrub-Jay has blue upperparts, a grayish-brown back, and light underparts.
- a woodland mouse with white underparts