subjected to enemy attack or censure
an official under fire for mismanagement
How To Use under attack In A Sentence
- His perimeter game has come under attack, but it's improving and he has worked tirelessly on bettering it.
- I can imagine a bushbaby, under attack, repeating the immortal words of Charlton Heston, “Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!” Waldo Jaquith - I, for one, welcome our spear-wielding chimp overlords.
- Today the world is once again under attack from infectious diseases. Times, Sunday Times
- They are true patriots at a time when patriotism is under attack.
- In MS, a protective nerve-fiber coating called myelin comes under attack. Study links MS to mononucleosis virus | Impact Lab
- After the mysterious disappearance of the world's most famous scientists, New York comes under attack from flying giant robots that land on Broadway and march in serried ranks through the city's narrow streets.
- And I knew immediately, holy heavens, we are under attack.
- The government has come under attack from all sides for cutting education spending.
- Merchants report that your primary shipping route has come under attack from a dire whale!
- But in the late 1960s the relative autonomy of the teaching profession over the curriculum came increasingly under attack.