How To Use uncleanly In A Sentence
- Persons must indeed be of very uncleanly habits, whose heads absolutely require the aid of this comb, as the brush alone sufficiently possesses the power of effectually cleaning the hair from scurf, dandriff, and dust, if constantly used. The Ladies' Vase Polite Manual for Young Ladies
- Looking up and down the short hallway, Virginia saw the sight of the large, uncleanly crewmen celebrating an unknown occasion with large mugs of ale.
- It is, in fact, a point of honour with young Heathcliff to be uncleanly.
- This hideous circle never widened; Nature always appeared to roll back the intruding debris; no bird nor beast carried it away; no animal ever forced the uncleanly barrier; civilization remained grimly trenched in its own exuvia. Colonel Starbottle's Client
- Repton substituted ornamental gardens for ‘the uncleanly, pathless grass of a forest, filled with troublesome animals of every kind, and some occasionally dangerous.’