[ US /ənˈsisɪŋ/ ]
[ UK /ʌnsˈiːsɪŋ/ ]
[ UK /ʌnsˈiːsɪŋ/ ]
continuing forever or indefinitely
the unending bliss of heaven
the ageless themes of love and revenge
hell's perpetual fires
uninterrupted in time and indefinitely long continuing
the ceaseless thunder of surf
the perpetual struggle to maintain standards in a democracy
man's unceasing warfare with drought and isolation
night and day we live with the incessant noise of the city
in constant pain
unremitting demands of hunger
the never-ending search for happiness
How To Use unceasing In A Sentence
- In this land where the girl, Tana is her name, brought me, it is unceasing merriment and joy.
- The boy solves his problem in algebra, finding out the unknown quantity by those values which are given him; and can we not also infer something of the _unknown_ from the great panorama that passes unceasingly before us? The Life and Genius of Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Thus to this congregation of excellent, undeceiving refuge, we pray that by the power of this prayer expressed from a heart filled with fervent devotion and humility, may the body, speech and mind of the sole of the Land of Snows, the supreme Ngawang Lobsang Tenzin Gyatso, be indestructible, unfluctuating and unceasing; may he live immutable for a hundred aeons, seated on a diamond throne, transcending decay and destruction. The Long Life Prayer for the 14th Dalai Lama
- To this end he demanded "unceasing" gunnery practice. Theodore Roosevelt and His Times
- In the upper region the Christian dead are gathered in unceasing song and prayer. American Indian Stories
- Comes and goes unceasingly, unceasingly analysis and synthesis.
- Maughan and his men let me say this: I know of few sides who don't respect teams who have pace and talent and operate in unceasing waves, with the point of attack constantly switching.
- Cicero, on the other hand, it seems to me, after the manner of a widespread conflagration, rolls on with all-devouring flames, having within him an ample and abiding store of fire, distributed now at this point now at that, and fed by an unceasing succession. Archive 2010-03-01
- Thus the constant, unceasing, restless legislating in the areas of crime, punishment and anti-social behaviour.
- O God, who in wondrous wise didst raise up blessed Joan for the defense of her faith and her country: grant, we beseech thee, through her intercession, that thy church, overcoming all the wiles of her enemies, may enjoy unceasing peace. May 30 -- St Joan of Arc