looking for an unbent nail
trees with straight unbent trunks make the best lumber
erect in posture
stood defiantly with unbowed back
How To Use unbent In A Sentence
- But the more I did it, the more my body relaxed and my legs became unbent.
- unbent," as Harry said, and joined in the mirth; and Janet had enough to do to reason them into quietness when bed-time came. Janet's Love and Service
- He unbent his mind by reading detective stories.
- However, I plucked up courage, and remained on deck until half-past six, when the gaff-topsail was unbent and the top-mast struck; D----, the sailing-master, anticipating no good from the calm, and the dense fog, which had succeeded a fine wind and cheerful sunshine. A Yacht Voyage to Norway, Denmark, and Sweden 2nd edition
- That spoon remained unbent all through the episode.
- In her dying days the old Queen unbent a little.
- In the hands of a friendly receiver this car became a boon to the capitol contingent; its observation platform served as a shifting rostrum from which a deep-chested executive or a mellifluous Hawk often addressed admiring crowds at way stations, and its dining saloon was the moving scene of many little relaxative feasts, at which _Veuve Cliquot_ flowed freely, priceless cigars were burned, and the members of the organization unbent, each after his kind. The Grafters
- Not a line of her face softened, not a feature unbent. IN THE FOREST OF THE NORTH
- When the sitting was over, Polson told me that the very first proposal submitted by the president was that the ship's sails should all be unbent and taken ashore to form tents for the people to live in; and that, next, the ship should be stripped to a gantline, and her spars and rigging -- together with as much of her bulwarks as might be required -- worked up into a raft for the conveyance of cargo to the shore. Overdue The Story of a Missing Ship
- Adrian asked me coolly as he unbent from checking if his victim was still conscious.