[ UK /ʌmbˈɪlɪkəs/ ]
a scar where the umbilical cord was attached
she had a tattoo just above her bellybutton
you were not supposed to show your navel on television
they argued whether or not Adam had a navel
How To Use umbilicus In A Sentence
- The region which extends from the umbilicus to the point of the coccyx is marked upon the cutaneous surface by a central raphe dividing the hypogastrium, the penis, the scrotum, and the perinaeum respectively into equal and similar sides. Surgical Anatomy
- Reaching up, I tied the painter to her stern, attaching my lifeline, my umbilicus, to my own boat.
- Kimura, 2.25 quoted by Whitney, speaks of a case of extrauterine pregnancy in a Japanese woman of forty-one similar to the foregoing, in which an arm protruded through the abdominal wall above the umbilicus and the remains of a fetus were removed through the aperture. Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine
- As examples of the former may be mentioned that in which the organ is deficient in front, and has become everted and protruded like a fungous mass through an opening at the median line of the hypogastrium; that in which the rectum terminates in the bladder posteriorly; and that in which the foetal urachus remains pervious as a uniform canal, or assumes a sacculated shape between the summit of the bladder and the umbilicus. Surgical Anatomy
- This test usually confirms the diagnosis. cardiac catheterization – a thin tube is inserted into the heart through a vein and/or artery in either the leg or through the umbilicus (“belly button”) Tricuspid Atresia
- These four morphs represent a more or less continuous morphological series from widely umbilicate conch shapes with low aperture to conch geometries with a narrow umbilicus and high aperture.
- To soften detritus, antiseptic solution may be instilled into the umbilicus when the abdomen is scrubbed, or the nurse can use separate sponges and applicators to clean the umbilicus first.
- He has a palpable ‘olive’ above the umbilicus near midline and he is severely dehydrated.
- There was ectopia vesicæ and prolapse of the intestine at the umbilicus; the right kidney was elongated; the right vas deferens opened into the ureter. Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine
- There was ectopia vesicae and prolapse of the intestine at the umbilicus; the right kidney was elongated; the right vas deferens opened into the ureter. Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine