- the body of Mullahs (Muslim scholars trained in Islam and Islamic law) who are the interpreters of Islam's sciences and doctrines and laws and the chief guarantors of continuity in the spiritual and intellectual history of the Islamic community
How To Use ulema In A Sentence
- This rulemaking covers access to public rights-of-way, sidewalks, street crossings and related pedestrian facilities.
- “Many international Ulema have endorsed this concept and its being replicated in other cities like Bangalore, Calicut and Mumbai” he added. India: Living Islam Exhibition Drawing Large crowd
- The ulemas issued their edict in reference to the work of scholars such as Murtadla Az Zabidi in the book Syarah Ihya and Taqiuddin Al Husaini in the book Kifayat Al Akhyar.
- This is our modern American reality, just as someone like Suleman is capable of playing on American generosity and bigheartedness. Stanton Peele: Is the Octuplets' Mother Crazy, Addicted, or Anti-social?
- But rather than having hisagencypropose thatchange right away and proceeded straight topublic input, the InteriorDepartment's chosen course of action is abrand new rulemaking processthat won't result in any changes to the rule until at least 2011. Rob Perks: Interior Department Comes Out Strong (Rhetorically) on Mountaintop Removal
- Another witness from the Association of National Advertisers, which reported spending $820,000 on lobbying this year, argued that the proposed guidelines are “backdoor regulation” by four "extremely powerful government agencies that seek to accomplish a goal indirectly that could not be reached through normal rulemaking procedures. The Sunlight Foundation: Food and Media Companies Lobby to Weaken Guidelines on Marketing Food to Children
- Unfortunately, the triggers are in statute and therefore any claim EPA can modify those triggers through interpretation or rulemaking is in question. Wonk Room » EPA Sends Greenhouse Endangerment Finding To White House
- At least one report which quotes the memo specifically mentions "rulemaking". Daddy Types
- The chairman of the Hounslow Jamia Mosque, Suleman Chachia, said Hanif was a regular worshipper and had been attending prayers for at least the last two years.
- It is unlikely that he would have had room for boxwood from South America, even as ballast, but he might well have bought walrus ivory to sell to rulemakers.