- a serious chronic inflammatory disease of the large intestine and rectum characterized by recurrent episodes of abdominal pain and fever and chills and profuse diarrhea
How To Use ulcerative colitis In A Sentence
- Therefore, of 180 patients eligible for colonic cancer surveillance in ulcerative colitis 160 were entered into the programme.
- I had suffered from ulcerative colitis on and off for several years. The Sun
- As a youth player, he developed ulcerative colitis, a bowel disease that limited his ability to play and train. Times, Sunday Times
- The main symptom of ulcerative colitis is frequent, watery diarrhoea, which may be accompanied by cramping abdominal pain and the passage of blood and/or mucus.
- Stress can worsen symptoms of conditions such as peptic ulcer, irritable bowel syndrome and ulcerative colitis.
- Ulcerative colitis is an inflammatory disease of the large intestine, also called the colon. Times, Sunday Times
- Crohn's disease and, more commonly, ulcerative colitis can involve the rectal area, presenting as proctitis or fistulae.
- It was the first attack of ulcerative colitis. Times, Sunday Times
- All patients underwent colonoscopy or flexible sigmoidoscopy before study entry to confirm the diagnosis of ulcerative colitis.
- To compare drug treatment for active ulcerative colitis by colon hydrotherapy instrument with conventional drugs treatment.