- the mint that manufactures and distributes United States coins for circulation through Federal Reserve Banks; processes gold and silver bullion
How To Use U.S. Mint In A Sentence
- The Brasher doubloon is considered the first American-made gold coin denominated in dollars; the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia didn't begin striking coins until the 1790s, and foreign coins of various currencies were in use in the nation's early years. Yahoo! News: Business - Opinion
- We've really seen a coin renaissance in the past few years," said Henrietta Holsman Fore, director of the U.S. Mint.
- It invoked the death penalty for anyone debasing money and provided for a U.S. Mint where silver dollars were coined along with gold coins beginning in 1794.
- It can be effected by opening the U.S. Mint to the free and unlimited coinage of gold, as mandated by the U.S. Constitution.
- The point is that Fekete's plan calls for opening up the U.S. Mint for coinage of both gold and silver coins as the Founders intended.
- In August, a shortage of the popular American Eagle bullion coins forced the U.S. Mint to temporarily suspend their sales.