- the executive and legislative and judicial branches of the federal government of the United States
How To Use U.S. government In A Sentence
- Under other circumstances, market participants would have been washing their hands of U.S. government debt, which not only offers some of the stingiest yields compared with other assets, but is under inspection by two credit-ratings firms. Weak Economy Keeps Treasurys Strong
- And he allegedly hacked into more than 90 non-classified U.S. government systems, mostly military, over the past year and a half.
- Because right now, it appears that the Federal Reserve and the U.S. government is essentially insuring - "backstopping," as they call it - every kind of debt, because nobody is willing to invest in anything that does not have the full backing of the United States government. CNN Transcript Oct 12, 2008
- He is being held on suspicion of traveling with an invalid passport, but Bosnitch said Fischer was never notified by the U.S. government that his passport was revoked.
- Commissioned by the U.S. government to create a powered aircraft, Langley spent a fortune developing airframes and engines.
- Muni analysts had said the U.S. rating downgrade will most directly affect municipal credits tied closely to U.S. government debt securities, such as pre-refunded bonds backed by escrowed Treasury bonds and agency-backed municipal debt. S&P: State, Local Borrowers Can Still Be Rated Triple-A
- Instead, as foreign governments challenge them with vague "monopolization" claims, the U.S. government appears to be mute. Gary Shapiro: A Holiday Wish List That No One Should Fulfill
- The U.S. government estimates that 16 million Americans have prediabetes or blood-glucose readings that are higher than normal.
- Remarkably, U.S. government subsidies [to American cotton growers] ... (approximately, $4 billion in 2000) exceed ... the entire USAID [foreign aid] for the continent of Arica. Jonathan Lewis: The Shirt off Your Back (VIDEO)
- One of Jacobsens chief concerns is the as-yet unrenewed transportation bill that would provide U.S. government funding for new construction. Slow Climb In Materials Stocks Now Boarding