[ US /ˌjuˈkeɪ/ ]
- a monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles; divided into England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland; `Great Britain' is often used loosely to refer to the United Kingdom
How To Use U.K. In A Sentence
- U.K. and other foreign troops, and by other Iraqis in sectarian violence, Peter Bagnall, who analyzed the documents for Iraq Body Count, said in an interview. Website Claims 15,000 Unreported Iraq War Deaths
- But the Swedish startup has been particularly insistent on coming to the U.S. market with a freemium, not paid-only, model. told the U. K.'s Telegraph last week that the company is paying the label royalties per user in only two countries, the U.K. and Spain. VentureBeat
- U.K. police arrested a female police officer on suspicion of corruption, as a multipronged probe into alleged wrongdoing tied to the News of the World tabloid continues to gather momentum. What's News—
- LONDON—Commodities prices face increased volatility due to near-term macroeconomic concerns, but the long-term demand outlook remains bright, several of the U.K.'s largest globally diversified miners said Monday. Global Miners See Price Volatility but Brisk Demand
- Any broken/latin stuff? looopz: What time are you on, might well make it down to this …. provided I can persuade someone else cassien: u.k. funky is house music for ol junglist like myself I'd like to break it here in the states but ... Grievous Angel
- Coffey, who the U.K.'s Sunday Times dubbed "Wizard of Oz" in a nod to his homeland of Australia, is known for his quick- fire trading style -- buying and selling large volumes of securities daily. BusinessWeek.com -- Top News
- And the winner is Gail Davis of Orpington, Kent, in the U.K. Apple App Store Hits 10 Billion Downloads
- a meeting to promote trade between Taiwan and the U.K.
- But these days, the chief executive of U.K.-based Kingfisher PLC, the world's third-largest home-improvement group, has a problem that no amount of do-it-yourself labor can fix: His company derives nearly half of its profits from continental Europe. CEOs' Message: Fix Europe, Or Else
- Fishing is said to be the most popular participatory sport in the U.K.