[ US /ˈtɹəbəɫ/ ]
[ UK /tɹˈʌbəl/ ]
[ UK /tɹˈʌbəl/ ]
an angry disturbance
a spot of bother
they had labor trouble
he didn't want to make a fuss
a source of difficulty
what's the problem?
one trouble after another delayed the job
an effort that is inconvenient
finished the test only with great difficulty
I went to a lot of trouble
he won without any trouble
had difficulty walking
a strong feeling of anxiety
it is not work but worry that kills
he wanted to die and end his troubles
his worry over the prospect of being fired
an event causing distress or pain
what is the trouble?
an unwanted pregnancy
he got several girls in trouble
to cause inconvenience or discomfort to
Sorry to trouble you, but...
disturb in mind or make uneasy or cause to be worried or alarmed
She was rather perturbed by the news that her father was seriously ill
This book upset me
A troubling thought
- cause bodily suffering to and make sick or indisposed
take the trouble to do something; concern oneself
Don't bother, please
He did not trouble to call his mother on her birthday
How To Use trouble In A Sentence
- the flight was delayed due to trouble with the airplane
- His rapid rise through the ranks after an eye-catching performance in the April trials was a rare highlight in a troubled season.
- The trouble is getting tense often just makes matters worse. The Sun
- Early screenings suggested as much, or suggested trouble at least, as preview audiences found the film too dark and violent, all in all too un-Leo.
- A troubleshooter is being appointed to make the prison service more efficient.
- Swelling and bloating are often less troublesome if you avoid adding extra salt to food and steer clear of smoked meats and ready-cooked meals. The Sun
- Furious staff have lashed out at company bosses for not informing workers that the plant was in trouble before it became public knowledge.
- Trouble is, we've got to make up our minds whether to go full speed ahead or full speed astern. SAN ANDREAS
- More troubleshooting is attempted none of which remedies the situation. Xbox Live Won't Refund Points For Game They Can't Deliver - The Consumerist
- Of course, the trouble with fiscal stimulus is that it is a blunt instrument. Times, Sunday Times