[ US /ˈtɹɑtɝ/ ]
[ UK /tɹˈɒtɐ/ ]
[ UK /tɹˈɒtɐ/ ]
- foot of a pig or sheep especially one used as food
- a horse trained to trot; especially a horse trained for harness racing
How To Use trotter In A Sentence
- My portion of braised veal trotters seemed to have been overbraised by a week or two, and the lamb sausages tasted faintly of gas, as if they'd been blasted with a blowtorch.
- Trotter uses this music to introduce octaves, accented rhythms, a whole tone scale and a continuous cross-hand pattern.
- Police yesterday said a rumour that Mr Trotter was involved in the dismissal of three employees from his firm was untrue.
- Barely ninety minutes after being given the boot by that bogtrotter sergeant, she was sipping coffee in the RTE studios in Donnybrook, yakking to Gaffney while some other guy did sound checks on her mike. The Priest
- True Cariocas will insist on a smoked ear or trotter, but the flavor will still be true without those ingredients. The Feijoada From Ipanema
- If we may safely apply Trotter's generalization to the present antagonism among groups (within nations, and also national groups) we might say that the rapid differentiation of the human species has had an effect of creating within the species _man_ a large number of types of sub-specific value, and in this respect man differs greatly from any other species. The Psychology of Nations A Contribution to the Philosophy of History
- Bruni recounts the plethora of pork belly on the app menu ( "pork belly with kimchi in an Asian preparation" or "house-smoked pork belly with lentils") then noted the pig-plenty on the entrees list ( "a pork chop, pork ribs or a pork foot, also known as a trotter"), and even found a little piggy available for dessert ( "the house-made bacon chocolate crunch bar"). LAist
- There's hardly a bit of a pig you can't eat, from the head boiled up in a stewy soup to the trotters with their savoury jelly and morsels of meat.
- Set a slice of the breaded and fried pig's trotter meat next to the turbot filet and top with a turbot steak.
- BLOOM: _ (Hides the crubeen and trotter behind his back and, crestfallen, feels warm and cold feetmeat) Ja, ich weiss, papachi. Ulysses