- the time for the earth to make one revolution around the sun, measured between two vernal equinoxes
How To Use tropical year In A Sentence
- The Romaka-Siddhanta was based on the tropical year of Hipparchus and on the Metonic cycle of 19 years.
- tropical year
- Since the lunar year is shorter than the tropical year, the lunar calendar travels all through the seasons, making a complete cycle in about 33 years.
- Instead of a January to December calendar year, the Almanac relied on a tropical year defined as running from one winter solstice to the next.
- The tropical year when the earth in its revolution passes from one equinox or tropic to the same again.
- Applying tropical year and lunation, the exchange formula of calendar and solar calendar could be derived.
- The first of these is called the sidereal year while the second is called the tropical year.
- Thus the Callippic cycle fitted 940 lunar months precisely to 76 tropical years of 365.25 days.