[ US /ˈtɹoʊɫ/ ]
[ UK /tɹˈəʊl/ ]
[ UK /tɹˈəʊl/ ]
a fisherman's lure that is used in trolling
he used a spinner as his troll
a partsong in which voices follow each other; one voice starts and others join in one after another until all are singing different parts of the song at the same time
they enjoyed singing rounds
- (Scandanavian folklore) a supernatural creature (either a dwarf or a giant) that is supposed to live in caves or in the mountains
- angling by drawing a baited line through the water
cause to move round and round
The child trolled her hoop
- sing loudly and without inhibition
praise or celebrate in song
All tongues shall troll you
- sing the parts of (a round) in succession
- speak or recite rapidly or in a rolling voice
- circulate, move around
- angle with a hook and line drawn through the water
How To Use troll In A Sentence
- The Fat Controller and I were back inside the bolt when it arrived from the bonded warehouse at Felixstowe.
- The altitudinal distribution of Earth-surface processes is controlled by all these factors.
- Xmas hurtles at us like a skateboarding troll trundling downhill - it's big, impressive, but to be viewed with a certain trepidation by those in its path. Toys R Us - Military Sword & Sorcery is coming ("#### Harry Potter! Daddy, where's my axe?")
- Service providers haven't completely snapped their wallets shut, but the emphasis for the near-term will be on controlled spending as they look for ways to grow revenues.
- The depth and rate of breathing are controlled by special centres in the brain, which influence the nerves that cause contraction and relaxation of the muscles of respiration.
- The pilot straps himself to this bulky rig in a standing position, controlling it with joysticks during vertical takeoff and landing - or VTOL, as we say in the hover biz.
- Stahl Real Estate has applied to demolish two early 20th century buildings, but preservationists are firing back, arguing that the 190 rent-stabilized and rent-controlled apartments, which sit between 64th and 65th streets near York Avenue, have played a vital role housing lower- and middle-class tenants for nearly a century. New Spat Over Upper East Side Rent
- Americans are looking into alternative modes of transportation such as trolleys, trains, subways, and buses, which all showed a ridership increase, with the largest growth in major cities. As gas prices increase, consumption decreases
- After being dropped in a club to give people a taste of what to expect, it has been spun on decks uncontrollably ever since.
- Most fault conditions will set a ABS fault code in the CAB (controller anti-lock brake), which can be retrieved to aid in fault diagnosis.