- a wire stretched close to the ground that activates something (a trap or camera or weapon) when tripped over
- a small military force that serves as a first line of defense; if they become engaged in hostilities it will trigger the intervention of stronger military forces
How To Use trip wire In A Sentence
- The break in the electric circuit had not been closed by pressure on the trip wire.
- The convolutions of dress are of course largely to act as trip wires for the unwary.
- They also use homemade blast mines and grenades with trip wires.