cause to stumble
The questions on the test tripped him up
make an error
She slipped up and revealed the name
detect a blunder or misstep
The reporter tripped up the senator
How To Use trip up In A Sentence
- A trip up the Thames from Southend-On-Sea to the Houses of Parliament provides him with many fine opportunities to indulge in his own idiosyncratic brand of taradiddles and horseplay.
- The humorous storyteller's strategy, as Twain wrote, is to feign innocence so as to trip up the audience's. The Atlantic | July/August 2001 | Mark Twain's Reconstruction | Blount Jr.
- The guy you'll see in those pix is Steeltip, a character that uses archery not only to attack but to fire "trick arrows," like flashbangs to disorient, poison gas clouds, splashes of acid to degrade armor, and oil slicks to trip up his enemies. Friday Pix
- SKorean court upholds conviction for late president's brother, reduces prison term Police: Bad grammar, spelling trip up man accused of trying to impersonate W.Va. governor Myanmar accuses detained Myanmar-American of seeking to create political unrest Sarah Palin urges smaller government, talks US-China relations in speech to investors in Asia Authorities in southwestern Michigan say they have cracked case of 'pillowcase' burglaries Ohio woman who said she was unfaithful wears sign to ask fiance for a second chance Fishy find: Australian teens hand in $87,000 after surprise catch on angling adventure Game over: Fla. cops caught playing Wii game in house they had just raided, face discipline Woman pays with a $20 bill printed in 1934 at a UPS Store in North Dakota Undefined
- Then walk the calories off by taking a trip up to the raised deck skywalk. The Sun
- As Connors spoke, I barely noticed our trip up the valley.
- If I don’t agree, likely you’ll trip up m’ foreleg an’ reshoe me anyway. Rebel Spurs
- At dawn there is time for one last trip up the elevator.
- The interviewer got nowhere with trying to manipulate or trip up the pugnacious trial lawyer turned politician.
- When the meeting point was reached and the winches stopped for the last time, riggers and welders made the perilous trip up the arch and got four steel joists to fit in the abutting edge.