[ UK /tɹˈɛpəʊnmɐ/ ]
- spirochete that causes disease in humans (e.g. syphilis and yaws)
How To Use treponema In A Sentence
- Treponema pallidum particle agglutination assay(TPPA) was positive in 44(30.34%) cases, among which rapid plasma reagin assay(RPR) was positive in 22(15.17%) cases.
- They are genetically unrelated to non-intestinal spirochetes, such as Treponema pallidum.
- _The diagnosis_ of luetic lesions of the esophagus, therefore, depends upon the history, presence of luetic lesions elsewhere, the serologic reaction, therapeutic test, examination of tissue, and the demonstration of the treponema pallidum. Bronchoscopy and Esophagoscopy A Manual of Peroral Endoscopy and Laryngeal Surgery
- A pregnant woman at the Notre Dame Dulawan evacuation centre in Datu Piang, where some 300 families or 1,500 people are sheltering COTABATO, 26 November 2009 (IRIN) - Health experts report a high rate of treponematosis among pregnant displaced women in conflict-hit Mindanao. IRIN
- This reaction is the basis of traditional nontreponemal tests such as the VDRL test and rapid plasma reagin test.
- Médecins Sans Frontières Switzerland (MSF) reported that 25.5 percent of women undergoing antenatal and post-natal care have tested positive for the medical condition. yaws, "said Samama, the most widespread form of treponematosis which is also endemic to the region. IRIN
- No one knows for sure what causes this disorder, but it is thought to be caused by a treponematosis, a disease caused by a similar but not identical agent as that that causes yaws, pinta or even syphilis. Nutrition and health in agriculturalists and hunter-gatherers | The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.
- Lesions consistent with tuberculosis and treponemal infection are found in all three populations.
- It may be in some cases possible to demonstrate the treponema pallidum in scrapings taken from the ulcer. Bronchoscopy and Esophagoscopy A Manual of Peroral Endoscopy and Laryngeal Surgery
- Contacts were tested with a specific treponemal test, and those with a reactive test were managed in the same way as those with a confirmed syphilis diagnosis.