- evergreen treelike Mediterranean shrub having fragrant white flowers in large terminal panicles and hard woody roots used to make tobacco pipes
- gaunt Tasmanian evergreen shrubby tree with slender tapering leaves 3 to 5 feet long
How To Use tree heath In A Sentence
- The tree heathers include Phillippia trimera, P. kingaensis, P. phillippia and P. johnstonii, some up to 20 m high and most are draped with usnea lichen. Rwenzori Mountains National Park, Uganda
- On the peaty hummocks of Yew Tree Heath in the north-east of the forest, where a few hessian-coloured fallow deer merge into the rust-tipped bracken, the only sounds are the wailing of a redshank and the hum of bees.
- Areas of granite and sandstone became colonized by maquis, a low, dense cover of ilex, briars, broom, tree heathers, and laurels.
- I then introduced them to the gibbet on Heavy-tree Heath; and from that, with a circumbendibus, I fairly lodged them in the horse-pond at the bottom of the garden. Act the Fifth
- Heavy-tree Heath; and from that, with a circumbendibus, I fairly lodged them in the horse-pond at the bottom of the garden. She Stoops to Conquer
- There are also many flowers and shrubs including tree heather, azaleas and camellias, while the two large greenhouses include an apricot and peach tree, nectarine trees, tomatoes and vines.