[ US /ˈtɹɛʒɝ/ ]
[ UK /tɹˈɛʒɐ/ ]
[ UK /tɹˈɛʒɐ/ ]
a collection of precious things
the trunk held all her meager treasures
any possession that is highly valued by its owner
the children returned from the seashore with their shells and other treasures
- art highly prized for its beauty or perfection
accumulated wealth in the form of money or jewels etc.
the pirates hid their treasure on a small island in the West Indies
I prize these old photographs
- be fond of; be attached to
How To Use treasure In A Sentence
- Knowledge is a Treasure, but Practice is the key to it.
- Beneath the third was a vast treasure which the emperor then used for charitable purposes.
- The years of youth are given to us only once by the Creator, to be treasured while possessed.
- Besides that, there flourished some tufts of velvety grass, some scattered reeds, two plants of the yellow herb called tansy, four of a red flower, and a pretty white one; but the treasures of the rock consisted of three roots of garlic, which Maie had put in a cleft. The Lilac Fairy Book
- They also come across a cryptogram, which is rather difficult to solve, but which eventually they manage to decypher, and which leads them to the treasure hoarded by the pirate, who by that time has met his end. Across the Spanish Main A Tale of the Sea in the Days of Queen Bess
- I don't know what I'd have done without Lizzie when I was ill - she was an absolute treasure.
- Jewels, gold statues of the Buddha and other treasures are often left as offerings in temples and chortens, many of which are in remote areas and are soft targets for criminals.
- This involved quite elaborate dressing-up, and the fun and laughter of those Boxing Day nights was a treasure indeed.
- The recorder, prosecutor and coroner are Republicans, while the auditor, treasurer and sheriff are Democrats.
- The only factor preventing major incursions into treasured civil liberties is the resistance of the population at large - and, for the moment at least, the public appear to be acquiescing in the government's plans.