[ UK /tɹˈɛdəl/ ]
the brick maker treadles over clay to pick out the stones
- operate (machinery) by a treadle
- a lever that is operated with the foot
How To Use treadle In A Sentence
- the brick maker treadles over clay to pick out the stones
- The machines at our disposal in the Home Ec room began their existence as treadle models that at some point had been wired for electricity.
- I loved the sound of my boot beating on the treadle.
- In this experiment, demonstrator pigeons either stepped on a treadle or pecked at the treadle to obtain a food reward.
- Franklin's glass armonica, which rests in a mahogany veneered case on cabriole legs and pad feet, was probably originally fitted with a foot treadle to rotate the axle on which the color-coded glass bowls were mounted.
- She was working the treadle of her sewing - machine.
- Clothing and homemade baskets come from a cooperative of women who sew on foot treadle machines.
- We designed a range of affordable irrigation tools such as treadle pumps, and mass-marketed them to small-acreage farmers through the local private sector. Clear Sight
- My grandmother still uses her old treadle sewing machine.
- He said that Tri-Lakes would provide 100 per cent maintenance to the treadle pumps that were given to the farmers.