[ UK /tɹˈiːkəl/ ]
- writing or music that is excessively sweet and sentimental
- a pale cane syrup
How To Use treacle In A Sentence
- For except it be treacle and mithridatum, and of late diascordium, and a few more, they tie themselves to no receipts severely and religiously. The Advancement of Learning
- A dessertspoon of mixed spice, a tablespoon of treacle, a quarter teaspoon of bicarb soda. Archive 2004-12-01
- Mix together the egg, 125g muscovado sugar, treacle, buttermilk and remaining butter until smooth.
- Substantial, wholesome, and clean -- though generated by a wet, helpless creature having no personal charms, and which, having passed the phase of life in which it enjoyed the gift of locomotion, has become a plant-like fixture to one spot -- the gas mingles with other diffusions of the reef, recalling villanous salt-petre and sheepdips and brimstone and treacle to the stimulation of the mental faculties generally. My Tropic Isle
- The European equivalent, “Venice treacle,” (Theriaca Andromachi) is an electuary containing many elements. The Book of The Thousand Nights And A Night
- Bonfire night can fill a child with wonder and we love to see their little faces light up at the sight and sound of the fireworks and the smell and taste of treacle toffee and parkin.
- Molasses Molasses, which is called treacle in the United Kingdom, is generally defined as the syrup left over in cane sugar processing after the readily crystallizable sucrose has been removed from the boiled juice. On Food and Cooking, The Science and Lore of the Kitchen
- Traditional bonfire treats including black peas, baked potatoes, parkin, toffee apples and treacle toffee were also on offer.
- I mean that he’s probably thick as two planks dipped in treacle, dimmo. HIDDEN SHALLOWS • by Jonathan Pinnock
- Even Mary Berry's light soft brown sugar is a bit mild – no, what you need here is the dark muscovado employed by Claire Clark and Dan Lepard – although the vast amount of treacle the latter spoons in with it makes it taste more like parkin. How to cook perfect Christmas cake