[ US /ˈtɹæpt/ ]
[ UK /tɹˈæpt/ ]
[ UK /tɹˈæpt/ ]
forced to turn and face attackers
she had me cornered between the porch and her car
like a trapped animal
a stag at bay
How To Use trapped In A Sentence
- She is an enigma wrapped in a riddle trapped in a really bad haircut. Times, Sunday Times
- Reconditioned radiator or cooling system refilling ( possibly under filled or air trapped in system ).
- It doesn't matter whether their poor credit ratings result from the poor handling of their accounts or from predatory lending practices that trapped them in a mountain of debt.
- Apparently some creature called a kobold escaped from wherever my grandfather trapped it, and it has teamed up with Milo. Master of Mirrors
- It is thought the hapless cat had been trying to escape after becoming trapped in a sewer. The Sun
- Surely one of the agonizing attributes of our post – September 11 age is the unending need to reaffirm realities that have been proved, and proved again, but just as doggedly denied by those in power, forcing us to live trapped between two narratives of present history, the one gaining life and color and vigor as more facts become known, the other growing ever paler, brittler, more desiccated, barely sustained by the life support of official power. 'The Moment Has Come to Get Rid of Saddam'
- Mercury is thermally desorbed from solid samples, trapped on an in-line gold trap, and subsequently determined by cold-vapour atomic absorption spectrometry.
- They're trapped, on boats, roofs, porches, surrounded by black and putrid water.
- Black belts were strapped tightly across the waists and two of the men had an additional girdle across their broad chests from top left to bottom right.
- Tiger Woods rescued from crash by wife Elin Nordegren carrying a golf club Trapped in his own body for 23 years - the coma victim who screamed unheard Pretending the climate email leak isn't a crisis won't make it go away | George Monbiot Michelle Obama 'racist' picture that is topping Google Images removed nhs tower hamlets. aneurin bevan house, aldgate east, inner east lond …. Latest financial, market & economic news and analysis | guardian.co.uk