extending or lying across; in a crosswise direction; at right angles to the long axis
from the transverse hall the stairway ascends gracefully
cross members should be all steel
How To Use transversal In A Sentence
- Zacán comes from the Purépecha word meaning "stony place," because the town sits at the transversal mountain range on the skirts of the Volcano Paricutín. The Meseta Purepecha
- Indeed, the electron microscopy pictures of the transversal cuts show this last organization and demonstrate the embodiment of the nanotubes.
- Radiating and transversal markings common on internal surface of valves or on steinkerns.
- Arrowheads indicate the planes of the transversal cuts in panels (A) and (B).
- Becoming Criminal, calls "transversal territory" insofar as they strive to "transcen [d], fractur [e], or displac [e] the constantly affirmed world of subjective territory" (19). [ 'Pleasure is now, and ought to be, your business': Stealing Sexuality in Jane Austen's _Juvenilia_
- Transversal geotropism is a direction of growth that is vertical to the shoot axis.
- Mechanics behaviors of Sutong bridge were computed by this method, and longitudinal stress, transversal stress of plates of the girder and section stress distribution were discussed consequently.
- As Frank Hahn demonstrated the dynamic instability of the economy (a problem posed by the absence of futures markets going out infinitely far into the future; in technical terms, the absence of a transversality condition), he would excitedly exclaim that he had put another nail in the coffin of capitalism. Joseph E. Stiglitz - Autobiography
- The transversal intensity distribution remains nearly unchanged with increasing chirp parameter for relatively large values of the pulse duration.
- First, as stated above, local water wires formed transversal, rather than perpendicular, to the membrane.