[ UK /tɹænslˈuːnɐ/ ]
situated beyond the moon or its orbit around the earth
who can imagine a translunary visitor in Times Square?
unworldly or ethereal
high translunary dreams
How To Use translunar In A Sentence
- He sent men out of Earth's orbit for the first time with the command, ‘You are go for TLI’ (translunar injection).
- NASA could then buy [our] services if it needed them, or otherwise utilize [our] translunar transportation systems to achieve its own goals. ERIC ANDERSON
- who can imagine a translunary visitor in Times Square?
- If the parking orbit's plane is not the same as the moon's, the translunar trajectory will be inclined to the moon's orbit but this is no problem.
- The spacecraft breaks out of Earth's orbit and establishes a translunar trajectory, or path toward the Moon.
- And if we could build sustainable translunar infrastructure, than we would find ourselves in a situation where colonizing the Moon wouldn't be that silly. Back to the Moon We Go - NASA Watch
- Apollo 10 achieved a number of space firsts, including the first CSM-LM operations in the cislunar and lunar environment, the first CSM-LM docking in translunar trajectory, the first LM undocking in lunar orbit, the first LM staging in lunar orbit, and the first manned LM-CSM docking in lunar orbit. First Man
- You could have an electric or nuclear translunar architecture using oxygen, harvested from the Moon, as reaction mass. A Shift in Policy? Moon Base Axed? - NASA Watch
- The whole lunar mining scheme, no matter what you're bringing down, requires a whole translunar infrastructure going _both ways_. Why the Moon? Here's Why. - NASA Watch
- For example, the initial stage could provide the translunar insertion burn, then stay attached on the way to the moon.