[ UK /tɹænsdˈʌkʃən/ ]
the process whereby a transducer accepts energy in one form and gives back related energy in a different form
the transduction of acoustic waves into voltages by a microphone
- (genetics) the process of transfering genetic material from one cell to another by a plasmid or bacteriophage
How To Use transduction In A Sentence
- Areas of laboratory research interest include immune cell (T -, B -, NK-cell) signal transduction and cytoskeletal dynamics, dendritic cells and immune tolerance infectious causes of autoimmune disease and CD40-ligand transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation in SLE. Pediatric Rheumatology Fellowship
- A photoreceptor is a nerve cell found in the eye's retina that is capable of phototransduction, or the process by which light is converted into electrical signals. Health News from Medical News Today
- Protein kinases are enzymes that participate in signal transduction processes and, thus, in the control of cell growth.
- They provide sensation (including photoreception), communications, signal transduction, trasport, motility and reproductive functions. Another predictable argument against front-loading
- Whether ethylene imparts a capacity or capability in the mechanisms of graviperception or in the components of signal transduction or response pathways cannot be established by the experiments reported.
- He is an internationally recognized investigator in the areas of immunology, molecular biology, signal transduction and gene transcription.
- All these processes are regulated by a complex intercellular communication regulating intracellular signal transduction and gene expression leading to an orchestrated re-epithelization of the skin as a whole. Naturejobs - All Jobs
- The binding of a chemical cue to an odorant receptor activates G proteins initiating a signal transduction cascade that results in a behavioral response.
- Panasonic's Lumix DMC-GH1 produces sample shots and videos galore New materials change color when stressed, making fans of mechanochemical transduction positively giddy Samsung's MEMS shutter could massively improve high megapixel cameraphones Luxist
- One recent publication showed that EMT mediated loss of contact inhibition in hepatocarcinoma cells, and reexpression of E-cadherin restored cell-cell contacts Mouse monoclonal antibodies were used to detect E-cadherin (BD Transduction Labs., PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles