[ UK /tɹˈænkwɪlˌaɪzɐ/ ]
- a drug used to reduce stress or tension without reducing mental clarity
How To Use tranquillizer In A Sentence
- Drugs found in Haim's system included the cough-suppressant dextromethorphan; the antihistamine diphenhydramine; carisoprodol, a prescription muscle relaxant; the tranquilizers diazepam and meprobamate, which are found in Valium and other medications; and the antidepressants fluoxetine and olanzapine. Corey Haim Cause Of Death: Pneumonia Complications, NOT Drugs
- The treatment for people addicted to tranquillizers includes training in stress management and relaxation techniques.
- A tube of pile ointment Tranquilizers of course, buffered aspirins and a bottle of monstrous half-blue, half-yellow capsules. Arcana Magi - c.1: Oryn Zentharis, Seeker of the Truth
- Well, I'll write you a prescription for a mild tranquillizer. I.O.U. - SOMEONE HAS TO PAY
- INSOMNIA ( CAN'T SLEEP? ) HONEY! Use honey as a tranquilizer and sedative.
- Alcohol also increases the effects of tranquilizers or barbiturates.
- It is vital to get the whole story, because symptomatic treatment for any of these complaints, e.g. sleeping pills, tranquilizers, or narcotics, could be worse than no treatment at all.
- She had seen her general practitioner a week after the separation and he had prescribed a tranquillizer.
- The most common drug abuse disorders involved marijuana, followed by cocaine, amphetamines, hallucinogens, opioids, sedatives, tranquilizers, and inhalants.
- These drugs fall into three subgroups: barbiturates and barbiturate-like drugs, minor tranquilizers and alcohol.