- English botanist who was one of the first to collect specimens of plants (1570-1638)
How To Use Tradescant In A Sentence
- _Tradescantia_ -- This is otherwise known as spiderwort, Wandering Jew, Gardening Indoors and Under Glass A Practical Guide to the Planting, Care and Propagation of House Plants, and to the Construction and Management of Hotbed, Coldframe and Small Greenhouse
- Wandering Jew Tradescantia zebrina: Also known as “Inch Plant”, Wandering Jew has leaves with strong dark green and silvery green contrast. What Plants Are Cubicle-Friendly? | Lifehacker Australia
- I also grow a silver-leafed version of the common green-leaf brunnera called Jack Frost, which is particularly amazing-looking when its bright blue flowers are blooming, and a variety of spiderwort (Tradescantia) called Sweet Kate, whose own blue flowers stand out against its unusual bright yellow leaves instead of the typical green ones. My Not-So-Exotic Garden
- The fuchsia and tradescantia contained bundles of raphides of the same form and equally as fine as those of the acrid plants. Scientific American Supplement, No. 829, November 21, 1891
- I tend to grow them with grasses and similar prairie plants such as silphium, tradescantias, helleniums and asters.
- Combine with a foreground planting of tradescantias to create a cool oasis of vibrant blues and greens.
- Accordingly, four plants containing raphides were selected, two of which, the _Calla cassia_ and Indian turnip, were highly acrid, and two, the _Fuchsia_ and _Tradescantia_, or Wandering Jew, were perfectly bland to the taste. Scientific American Supplement, No. 829, November 21, 1891
- Wandering Jew (Tradescantia zebrina): Also known as "Inch Plant", Wandering Jew has leaves with strong dark green and silvery green contrast.
- In the bottoms were frequently seen tradescantia, and on the dry lenches were carduus, cactus, and amorpha. The Exploring Expedition to the Rocky Mountains, Oregon and California To which is Added a Description of the Physical Geography of California, with Recent Notices of the Gold Region from the Latest and Most Authentic Sources
- I have several daylilies and tradescantias with well developed flower buds.