- steam-powered locomotive for drawing heavy loads along surfaces other than tracks
How To Use traction engine In A Sentence
- John explained that the teams operating the traction engines and threshing mills will have them working for twenty minutes at a time several times a day so that the public can gain a picture of what the work was like.
- Lola ran her hand along the deep red paintwork on the traction engine's boiler. TICKLED PINK
- Beside the A6 near Garstang was a family concern contracting with threshing machines, traction engines and steamrollers.
- Otherwise this year's gathering will remain untouched featuring everything from traditional fairground rides to traction engines, steamrollers and wagons.
- Everything from show engines to traction engines, steamrollers and steam tractors kept spectators intrigued.
- For Mr English, whose company English Welding Services has gained a nationwide reputation in steam-traction engineering for repairs to locomotive boilers and fireboxes, the task is one of the most prestigious he has yet undertaken.
- Later the traction engines retreated to their corner of the showground and a falconer displayed his birds in the show ring. Country diary: Wensleydale
- But that had been back in the days of steam-powered saws, traction engines, man-built roads and primitive extraction aids. HIGH STAND
- Smoke and steam blow sideways from ranks of traction engines at rest after lumbering around the ring of Stithians showground. Country diary: Stithians, Cornwall
- But she was his lover, and she knows all about traction engines, and she's crewed for him before on engines in the States. TICKLED PINK