How To Use tracklayer In A Sentence
- Completed and crossed by the tracklayers in November 1866, it was twenty-three hundred feet long.
- Relief tracklayers were standing by but the first crew was so proud of their work that a rest was not requested.
- At Ogallala, Nebraska, milepost 342, on May 27, 1867, they swooped down on the tracklayers while Dodge and government inspectors were present.
- About an hour later, a construction train arrived to unload cheerful gangs of tracklayers and graders, and then pulled away again.
- The tracklayers moved forward at a furious pace, often laying down two to three miles of new rail a day, sometimes more.
- Then the tracklayers came in, grabbing rails out of horse-drawn carts.
- All the tracklayers were Caucasians and the Chinese simply looked on and cheered their favorite crew.