How To Use trabeated In A Sentence
- Thus, the trabeated system of construction was invented.
- The cross section is typical or Addison's work - playing flame against wall and screen, through bays receding from and projecting beyond the beams and columns of a trabeated structure.
- This constant oscillation in the reading of figure-ground is heightened further by the memory of the trabeated system to which the Doric columns allude.
- That is, the interpretation of the Acropolis as an archetypal composition of primary building types: the Parthenon, a trabeated temple (columns and beams), and the Erechtheum, a building composed of walls.
- The portico was composed of two superimposed arcades carried on sixteen piers faced with an engaged trabeated system, Doric below and Ionic above, based on the Theater of Marcellus, a play on Cervini's first name.
- This method of construction is called arcuated, in contradistinction to the trabeated style used in Greek architecture, where the voids between column and column, or between column and wall, were spanned by lintels. The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 1: Aachen-Assize