tower consisting of a multistoried building of offices or apartments
`tower block' is the British term for `high-rise'
How To Use tower block In A Sentence
- There will be no stay of execution and few mourners for this concrete tower block, due to be demolished next month.
- Gone are the artist's impressions of a new Lord's Tube station, latterly superseded by proposals for an underground car park in the old railway tunnels, for four residential tower blocks at the Nursery end and a submerged Real Tennis court. Sport news in brief
- And even more amazing that he can still squeeze through chimneys and central heating air vents in tower blocks.
- It is the withdrawal of this assurance that contributes to the widespread dissatisfaction with home life in a tower block.
- Rebus's ` circled wagons 'actually consisted of a single-roomed Portakabin, placed in the car park next to the nearest tower block. Fleshmarket Close
- It is a grim suburb of Wishaw, composed of high-rise tower blocks and a network of lower-level blocks of flats, narrow alleyways and parking lots.
- Two firemen were hurt in a blaze which swept through a tower block last night.
- To the east is a landscape of concrete tower blocks.
- There were early tower blocks : some successful, others not. Times, Sunday Times
- Near the bigger cities, concrete tower blocks were common and huge chimneys spewed clouds of smoke.