the act of hauling something (as a vehicle) by means of a hitch or rope
the truck gave him a tow to the garage
How To Use towage In A Sentence
- There are never enough stowage areas in cars, but this new model does provide quite a few including a tray, albeit an extremely shallow one, under the front passenger seat.
- In The Robert Dixon 5 PD 54, a tug failed to recover salvage remuneration when she had carelessly towed a vessel too close a lee shore and, following failure of the towage connection, had to embark on a rescue of the tow.
- A garage submitted an invoice to the car owner's insurance company for a towage fee of €300 for bringing the car from the scene of the accident to the garage.
- An Orkney Towage tug carried out a long-distance tow this week, towing a broken-down Dutch coaster to Invergordon.
- Alternate entry guides to be arranged at different heights in order to facilitate stowage of containers.
- You could easily cover long journeys in the car and the surprisingly spacious trunk would provide plenty of stowage.
- There are plenty more stowage points dotted around the car, including glove box, front door pockets, cup and bottle holders, and a special slide out shelf beneath the front seats.
- Another worthwhile detail is the large stowage box under the front passenger seat, which you can access by tilting the hinged seat base forward.
- The barge was being towed by a tug registered in Azerbaijan and owned by C on time charter to U. The towage contract between B and U contained an EJC to the English Court.
- Meanwhile, parts of the hangar and flight deck aft were used as stowage areas for Royal Marines equipment.