fraught with danger
dangerous surgery followed by a touch-and-go recovery
a perilous voyage across the Atlantic in a small boat
a parlous journey on stormy seas
the precarious life of an undersea diver
How To Use touch-and-go In A Sentence
- It was touch-and-go whether the doctor would get there on time.
- It was touch-and-go whether we would get to the airport in time.
- As the wheels touched steel he shoved the throttles forward; if his tail-hook missed the arresting wire, he needed full power for a "bolter" -- a touch-and-go that would send him off the forward deck and around for a second pass. Carrie
- I couldn't face any of the usual options for breakfast and instead made do with honeyed bread soaked in milk, but even that was touch-and-go.
- The doctor says that it's touch-and-go whether Mary will be okay.
- dangerous surgery followed by a touch-and-go recovery
- `It's a touch-and-go situation, skin of our teeth sort of thing. THE AMBASSADOR'S WOMEN
- She's fine now, but it was touch-and-go for a while .