[ US /ˈtɔɹn/ ]
[ UK /tˈɔːn/ ]
[ UK /tˈɔːn/ ]
disrupted by the pull of contrary forces
torn by religious dissensions
torn between love and hate
torn by conflicting loyalties
- having edges that are jagged from injury
How To Use torn In A Sentence
- Over 20 factors were analyzed amongst the DUI attorneys sampled, including whether free consultations are offered, if a lawyer is willing to do 'outcall' (meaning they will meet with potential clients outside the office), how aggressive the defense of the client is, the degree to which each client is offered access to their lawyer, how much time is spent with each client talking by phone or over email, and other factors. WebWire | Recent Headlines
- We have come to see the tornado in all of its glory, not the ant-like humans that scurry about in its path.
- This all plays to the core competence of business attorneys.
- Typical mesocyclonic tornadoes are caused by intense thunderstorms with appropriate vertical and directional wind shear. The Volokh Conspiracy » Pathogens in Harm’s Way:
- The Attorney [from Latin, attorn = to twist or turn] is the mediator. Teknosis
- It is a long-term task to rebuild the infrastructure of a war-torn country such as Angola.
- The jury, which began deliberations last Friday after a six-week trial, had to decide whether Castroneves, his sister-manager Katiucia "Kati" Castroneves, 35, and Michigan sports attorney Alan R. Miller, 71, evaded U.S. taxes on more than $5.5 million income that the race driver earned between 1999-2004 from his arrangement with Penske Racing. Undefined
- An attorney is your employee, in a manner of speaking.
- The U.S. attorney in the district can impanel a grand jury if they feel that there is evidence warranting a criminal investigation.
- Bones were snapped, skin was torn, and arrows were poking through chests and backs - black arrows.