[ UK /tˈɒpspɪn/ ]
- forward spin (usually of a moving ball) that is imparted by an upward stroke
How To Use topspin In A Sentence
- That allows you to get that sidespin and topspin, not backspin, so the ball rotates, curls and dips. Times, Sunday Times
- Topspin: Powerful groundstrokes make her a contender in weakened field. USATODAY.com
- REUTERS Kimiko Date-Krumm She's 5-foot-4, age 40 and has as much use for topspin as a weekend hacker with a wooden racket, but Kimiko Date-Krumm gave five-time Wimbledon champ Venus Williams all she could handle Wednesday before Williams won 6-76, 6-3, 8-6. Venus Survives a 40-Year-Old Scare
- Fielding chose this moment to untether a two-fisted topspin drive. Times, Sunday Times
- • Nick Clegg's topspin in defence of Sheffield city council's dodgy 2011 budget didn't save the ruling Lib Dem group in last week's elections. Hugh Muir's diary
- Rebecca went to retrieve the ball, which I had hit hard, with tons of topspin, into her left corner.
- When an opponent comes to the net, he likes to hit a dipping topspin shot, which forces the other guy to volley, rather than trying for an outrageous angle.
- This supposed injustice is another piece of classic El Tel topspin.
- When you do it right, the sensation is like hitting a topspin Ping-Pong shot with your left hand.
- It will pop up, jump over the rough with topspin and roll to the hole.