- a thin depressor used to press the tongue down during an examination of the mouth and throat
How To Use tongue depressor In A Sentence
- Dr. Avery took the tongue depressor out of Rae's mouth and tossed it in the white metal wastebasket. SECRETS
- This problem was solved when I glued a wooden tongue depressor to the pieces.
- He presents a number of scenarios that imply that the majority of cancers are detectable directly or with simple instrumentation, like ‘a head mirror, tongue depressor, vaginal speculum or proctoscope.’
- Make a buttonholer from a tongue depressor or craft stick with a loop of string through a hole in one end of it.
- There are only very basic tools available at our disposal - stethoscope, auroscope, tongue depressors and reflex hammers.
- Everything was hunky-dory at my last job," Jim says of MediPet, a maker of veterinary supplies such as narrow tongue depressors used to give throat exams to kitty-cats. For Chronic Reduplicators, Things Aren't Hunky-Dory
- A downside was the eating utensils: flimsy bamboo “sporks” that resembled tongue depressors and were poorly distributed, forcing some attendees to scoop up jasmine rice and mac and cheese with their fingers. Beer: SAVOR lives up to its name
- You stretch away from the pain, look behind you at the tongue depressors on the shelf and wonder why the doctor has ice-cream sticks but no ice-cream. Broken Mirrors
- Get the tongue depressors into the bending jig before they cool down completely.
- The most common instrument for this examination is a tongue depressor which is used in conjunction with a light or other viewing device.