[ US /təˈɫidoʊ/ ]
- an industrial city in northwestern Ohio on Lake Erie
- a city in central Spain on the Tagus river; famous for steel and swords since the first century
How To Use Toledo In A Sentence
- Neither of the final two vocalists -- 24-year-old musician Crystal Bowersox of Toledo, Ohio, and 24-year-old paint sales clerk Lee DeWyze of Mount Prospect, Ill. -- have the personality draw of, say, an Adam Lambert. The Top-Earning 'Idols'
- The argument that clinched the debate, both in Whitby and in Toledo, was the ‘Roman-ness’ and universality of an authoritative tradition.
- But all Toledo police have to work with in this caper is a gravestone carved with "Conard Yahn 1876-1898. Archive 2005-08-01
- Kudos to the Toledo Blade for breaking an important story.
- I actually enjoyed it, for not having to write about or photograph what I suspected would be a rather routine corrida, I sat in the second row with Mrs. Evans on my right, Ledesma on my left and Penny Grim in the first row in front of us so that we could share her enthusiasm in watching two toreros with whom she had actually spoken, the mata - dor Fermin Sotelo and the rejoneadora Conchita Cintr6n. if the normal afternoon of six fights was tedious, that adjective did not apply to Conchita's exhibition, for Don Eduardo kept his promise that her farewell to Toledo would be unforgettable. Mexico
- Toledo half-jokingly gave himself the title midway through 2009, but he's hoping the job will be more than a kicking post this year. New Orleans Saints Central
- Up close, the First Lady's yellow Isabel Toledo sheath and matching jacket revealed an intricate wool guipure detail, a choice which reflected both her enviable confidence and her bold approach to fas ... Brett Ashley McKenzie: Michelle: And Tall Women the World Over Rejoiced
- The flowers direct the eye upward past a small, brooding view of Toledo - at which point the picture seems to burst into an exultant heavenly space.
- The concrete is coloured a warm ochre that recalls the traditional earthy hues of Toledo's buildings.
- Whether parading to the White House in an Isabel Toledo wool guipure ensemble or perched on Jay Leno's "Tonight Show" couch in a yellow J. Crew cardigan and bold print blouse, she continues to make colorful, fashion-forward choices and she wears them with confidence. Brett Ashley McKenzie: Chicago Style: Looking Good Year-Round Takes Confidence, Not Cash