- a fat-soluble vitamin that is essential for normal reproduction; an important antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals in the body
How To Use tocopherol In A Sentence
- When vitamin E was first discovered, one fraction seemed to be more potent and necessary for pregnancy, so the scientists named it alpha tocopherol -- "tocopherol" from the Greek meaning "to give birth. Craig Cooper: The Real Facts About Vitamin E and Prostate Cancer
- Gamma-tocopherol partially protects insulin-secreting cells against functional inhibition by nitric oxide.
- Another important finding was that alpha-tocopherol and selenium protected against prostate cancer only when gamma-tocopherol intake was high. Craig Cooper: The Real Facts About Vitamin E and Prostate Cancer
- Many E-numbers are found naturally in foods and may include essential vitamins, such as ascorbic acid and tocopherols.
- Organic whole grain oat flour, organic banana puree, mixed tocopherols (vitamin E), electrolytic iron. May contain traces of wheat.
- Tocopherols protect against the side effects of radiotherapy and cytotoxins.
- At high concentration tocopherols act as prooxidant synergists with transition metal ions, lipid peroxides or other oxidizing agents.
- The DPPH for non-polar compounds showed that rosmarinic acid came out on top, with higher values than butylated hydroxytoluene g tert-butylhydroquinone (TBHQ), and vitamin E (R-tocopherol). FoodQualityNews RSS
- Initial animal studies indicate that Ester - E's absorption may exceed that of the tocopherol and acetate forms.
- • Vitamin E, also known as alpha-tocopherol, is found in olive oil, almonds and many other nuts and seeds, wheat germ, and soybean products. The Rice Diet Solution