[ US /ˈtoʊst/ ]
[ UK /tˈəʊst/ ]
[ UK /tˈəʊst/ ]
make brown and crisp by heating
propose a toast to
Let us toast the birthday girl!
Let's drink to the New Year
- slices of bread that have been toasted
a celebrity who receives much acclaim and attention
he was the toast of the town
a person in desperate straits; someone doomed
I'm a goner if this plan doesn't work
one mistake and you're toast
- a drink in honor of or to the health of a person or event
How To Use toast In A Sentence
- After a quarter of an hour, hot buttered toast on a covered hot water plate, with the Staffordshire cottage tea pot in its floral cosy, arrived.
- Add the toasted almond slivers and mix well before turning into the pastry case. Times, Sunday Times
- Toast sandwiches in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until outside is golden brown and inside is delightfully melty, about 3 minutes per side.
- Mustard, salt, picholine olives and super-thin rye toasts give the house-cured gravlax just the right accents. SFGate: Top News Stories
- I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio. Rodney Dangerfield
- From blenders and toasters to refrigerators and professional-style oven ranges, stainless steel products are easy to coordinate with each other and lend a modern edge to a kitchen.
- There were toast crumbs in the butter, so I’ve already come up with a dozen ways to kill you; the marmite is just another mitigating circumstance when it comes to trial. …things that niggle. « Sven’s guide to…
- The author went from from a condemning avengeful God to a milch toast, permissive parent who forgives all offenses AlterNet.org Main RSS Feed
- One more toast on this great and glorious day of victory. Man of Honour
- Every day she eats beans on toast followed by an egg mayonnaise sandwich for breakfast.