[ US /ˈtɪpət/ ]
[ UK /tˈɪpɪt/ ]
[ UK /tˈɪpɪt/ ]
- a woman's fur shoulder cape with hanging ends; often consisting of the whole fur of a fox or marten
How To Use tippet In A Sentence
- Typical guideline is to divide the hook size by 3 to get the proper leader/tippet size - for a size 14 hook, 14/3 = 4.3, so go with either a 4x or 5x. I am fairly new to fly fishing and have a question about leaders and tippets.
- Next to the Warden, on each side, are two figures in sleeveless copes, tippets and _pilei_, without hoods -- doctors in theology or degrees. The Customs of Old England
- By the end of the next day, they had shaved off her blonde curls, taken away her clothes, dressed her in a regulation serge frock, apron and tippet, and hung a tag around her neck with her name engraved on it.
- To those who did not think so deeply, and they were the greater number by a hundred to one, the splendour of Prince John's _rheno_, (_i. e_. fur tippet,) the richness of his cloak, lined with the most costly sables, his maroquin boots and golden spurs, together with the grace with which he managed his palfrey, were sufficient to merit clamorous applause. Ivanhoe
- One of the executioners then pulled off a kind of furred tippet which covered her bosom; her modesty taking the alarm, made her start back a few steps; she turned pale and burst into tears. The Pacha of Many Tales
- Over that again is a tippet, a development of the almuce, or worn over it. The Customs of Old England
- Described as an ‘ageing, yet ageless hippy’ by one observer, Tippett vigorously ambled into old age looking and sounding at least 15 years younger than he was.
- Tippett chose W.H. Auden's autobiography ‘Far away and long ago’ as his prose setting, and he cast the work in the form of a Purcell cantata.
- About the same time that Weston was killed, a dispute at a party in Oxon Hill spilled out of an apartment and ended in gunfire, Tippett said. Shootings kill two men in District, one in Prince George's
- Tie on some 7x tippet to each reel and jerk it out as hard as you can, I have not done this but my bet is the 7x will break on the Clearwater when the smooth drag of the CFO will protect the lighter tippet. More On Budget Tackle