How To Use tinea capitis In A Sentence
- Tinea capitis, as it's more scientifically known, is caused by mold-like fungi called dermatophytes that thrive in warm, moist conditions and typically arise due to poor hygiene.
- Tinea capitis often presents with multiple hairs broken off at the scalp level (or a few millimeters above) and scale, papules, or pustules.
- Dandruff can also accompany psoriasis or a fungal infection of the scalp called tinea capitis which occurs in children and teenagers. Simple Skin Beauty
- It’s also called tinea corporis when on the body, tinea capitis when on the head, tinea pedis when on the feet, and tinea cruris when on the groin. You Raising Your Child
- We based this review on our extensive clinical experience in managing patients in a dedicated tinea capitis clinic at a teaching hospital.
- Page 412 said it possessed no power in this respect; but in the hands of Dr. Zollickoffer it has proved eminently successful in tinea capitis, given in combination with cremor tartar. Resources of the Southern Fields and Forests, Medical, Economical, and Agricultural. Being also a Medical Botany of the Confederate States; with Practical Information on the Useful Properties of the Trees, Plants, and Shrubs
- The medical name for ringworm of the scalp is tinea capitis; ringworm of the body is called tinea corporis; and ringworm of the nails is called tinea unguium.