[ UK /tˈɪmbələnd/ ]
[ US /ˈtɪmbɝˌɫænd/ ]
[ US /ˈtɪmbɝˌɫænd/ ]
- land that is covered with trees and shrubs
How To Use timberland In A Sentence
- Before settling down on our new homestead, we are spending the winter in the timberlands of northern Maine.
- Much of the land in the still-wild northern half of Maine is timberland owned by paper companies, but it has come under increasing development pressure.
- April 10th, 2010 at 10: 50 am timberland boots China says: quite reasonable. i like your article very much. Think Progress » McDonnell apologizes, promises to acknowledge slavery in Confederacy proclamation.
- In 1933, in the nadir of the Great Depression, a young forester named Robert Marshall proposed a bold new socialist paradigm for managing the nation's timberlands.
- April 10th, 2010 at 10: 54 am timberland boots China says: quite reasonable. Think Progress » Is The U.S. Military Covering Up A 2007 Killing Of Reporters And Civilians In Baghdad?
- A carnival should be all growls, roars like timberlands stacked, bundled, rolled and crashed, great explosions of lion dust, men ablaze with working anger, pop bottles jangling, horse brasses shivering, engines and elephants in full stampede through rains of sweat while zebras neighed and trembled and like cage trapped in cage. Carnival of the Liberals 88
- Joe Angell had been up in the lumber country, and could tell what was the mood of the real workers, the "huskies" of the timberlands. 100\%: the Story of a Patriot
- DAY HAD BROKEN cold and gray, exceedingly cold and gray, when the man turned aside from the main Yukon trail and climbed the high earth-bank, where a dim and little-travelled trail led eastward through the fat spruce timberland. To Build a Fire
- The boreal forest is a 600-mile-wide band of timberland stretching from approximately 300 miles north of the U.S. border to the treeline in the Arctic, and spanning the breadth of the country.
- Meanwhile, commercial and residential developers, and managers of timberlands, were removing the bluebird's existing nest sites.