- medium-sized moth with long richly colored and intricately patterned wings; larvae are called woolly bears
How To Use tiger moth In A Sentence
- The featured warbirds were a P - 40 Kittyhawk, a P - 51 Mustang, a Spitfire, a Hudson, a Tiger Moth, a Catalina and a venerable DC - 3 Dakota, of Bully Beef resupply fame.
- Many species of tiger moth use the tymbals to make specific sounds that warn the bat of their bad taste.
- New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof tweeted, "I'm awed by Wendi Murdoch taking down Rupert's attacker," and former CBS news anchor Katie Couric tweeted that Deng gave a "whole new meaning to the term tiger mother. Telegraph.co.uk - Telegraph online, Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph
- She kept a Tiger Moth at the time, housed in an old barn, using the South Meadow as an airstrip.
- Jersey tiger moths are feeding on flowers in the daytime and are a very arresting sight. Times, Sunday Times
- And legendary names like the Tiger Moth trainer and Mosquito and Vampire fighters were also made there.
- Wow, Wendi Murdoch giving whole new meaning to the term tiger mother ... insanity! NYT > Home Page
- Three Tiger Moths from Luskintyre flew over the parade in tight formation.
- I was based here when the flight line was filled with DH82 Tiger Moth trainers.
- She loved the patriarch Joe, calling him "Mr. Kennedy," and, in a phrase ahead of its time, "the tiger mother. NYT > Home Page