[ UK /tˈaɪdili/ ]
in a tidy manner
the door gave access to a tidily furnished sitting-room where chintz and oak predominated
How To Use tidily In A Sentence
- He is described as white, in his late 30s to early 40s, with short, dark neat hair and tidily dressed.
- Periodically, after an engagement had liteen tidily finished and the casualties removed from the gfeerie. they would be summoned to Hanoi, nearly four fears 'flight away, addressed by the Commander-in-Chief, lodged for one night in a Press Gamp where they boasted that the barman was the best in Indo-China, flown over the late battlefield at a height of 3,000 feet (the limit of a heavy machine-gun's range) and then delivered safely and easily back, like aschool-treat, to the Continental Hotel in Saigon. The Quiet American
- Organize fixed operations according to Production Schedule and finish with its operators tidily and timely.
- Even so, we may be sure that a young lady whose cheek burned not at sight of the letter she had sealed untidily -- 'unworthily' the Manual calls it -- would anon be blushing for her shamelessness. Yet Again
- Patients unfortunate enough to expire did so tidily tucked up in bed.
- So, like the pressing need in the US for some certainty in a lot of things, they tried to wrap it as tidily as possible.
- The office is tidily modern, and resounds with the metronomic clicking of keyboards and the buzzing of dot matrix printers.
- the door gave access to a tidily furnished sitting-room where chintz and oak predominated
- Her battered old acoustic guitar lay on her untidily made bed along with several of the Tolkein novels and a box of guitar picks.
- All workers should dress tidily and comply with labor rules and all relevant regulations.