[ US /təˈbɛt/ ]
- an autonomous region of the Peoples Republic of China; located in the Himalayas
How To Use Tibet In A Sentence
- Not only by the immense number of adherents that were won to his views during his lifetime, but also by the literary productions he left behind him, Tsong K'aba's influence has been great during the last five centuries of Tibetan history. With the Tibetans in Tent and Temple: Narrative of Four Years' Residence on the Tibetan Borders, and of a Journey into the Far Interior
- The Chin language descended from Tibeto-Burman language domain.
- Just as the Olympic flame is about to reach Hong Kong and mainland China, the Guangdong province police have recently uncovered a case in which a cheap-rate factory in Guangdong was filling out orders by overseas Tibet splittist organizations to manufacture the snow-mountain-lion flags of Free Tibet. The Jawa Report
- Discovered advocate the connection between composition and development of estate Tibetan medicine.
- Holiness answers audience questions addressing the situation of Tibet, goal of bodhicitta, nature of enlightened mind, future of the Dalai Lama institution, compatibility of Buddhist practices with theistic faith, universal purpose of human life, practice of patience towards harm-doers, subtle energy and mind, and the Heart Sutra mantra. Nagarjuna's Bodhichitta Commentary
- Tibetans around me were shaking their heads in sadness, because they were fearful for him, and others were openly agreeing with him. Kate Saunders: Pictures From Tibet That Tell a Story of Courage
- The Indian media, quoting unnamed security sources, have reported concerns that the Karmapa could be a Chinese stooge sent to India from Tibet to set up pro-Chinese monasteries. Yahoo! News: Business - Opinion
- Since I would go to Tibet if I chose, but could not transmute dustballs into gold under any circumstances, only the first course of action is in this sense a possibility for me.
- Well-known breeds -- including dachshunds, poodles and collies -- will participate, as well as breeds you'll seldom see outside a dog show, such as the Chinese crested, Tibetan spaniel and spinone Italiano. Post-gazette.com - News
- The Tibetan scarves that dance and beckon from the tables of street vendors are orange. Archive 2009-05-01