- a town in northwestern Greenland; during World War II a United States naval base was built there
- the geographical region believed by ancient geographers to be the northernmost land in the inhabited world
How To Use Thule In A Sentence
- One should be cautious about the thesis that the name Thule is a serious and conscious reference to a Nordic, Polar connection, in the effort to make a connection with the Hyperborean origins of the Indo-Germans -- since Thule appears in ancient tradition as the sacred center or sacred island in the uttermost North. WAR OF PERCEPTION
- Best Estonian Short Story: Laur Craft, “Ultima Cthule” [sic, I believe the apparent pun is intended] British Fantasy Award Rules Changes
- Ancient travellers in Scythia and voyagers to "Thule" -- which in The Discovery of America Vol. 1 (of 2) with some account of Ancient America and the Spanish Conquest
- For example, Therkel Mathiassen, who defined and named the Thule culture, identified dog sleds, umiaks, and kayaks as key Thule traits.
- Les Veilleurs was linked with similar groups in Germany, its ideas having a profound influence on the embryonic Nazi Party—particularly on Deputy Führer Rudolf Hess, who has often been linked to synarchy.149While there is no direct evidence that he belonged to a specifically synarchist group or society although he certainly belonged to esoterically inclined organizations, such as the Munich-based Thule Society, his political thinking certainly ran smoothly along synarchist lines. The Sion Revelation
- The Inughuit are one of the smallest indigenous groups in the world, with a population of just 800 spread across the four settlements that make up the Thule region.
- Thule's appearance helped advance the story, and it also added a new squad to our team.
- In Les Fils de Dieu (The Sons of God) (1873), the French author Louis Jacolliot linked vril with the subterranean people of Thule. Mistaken Foreign Myths about Shambhala
- In the same years, around 1,000AD, when Vikings settled with their farms in South Greenland, such island was colonised by local people likely the ancestors of Inuit people: the so-called Thule culture. Unthreaded #21 « Climate Audit
- You then paid a subagent in Brussels to act on your behalf, and the grimoire went to Thule. The Whisperers